We used Vibrant LifeNut-Loaf, a vegetarian meat substitutethat has a mild ‘peanuty’ taste and a smooth texture, in this delicious dish. You may substitute Cedar Lake Nuti-Loafif desired. This is a light, low calorie casserole that is loaded with vegetables.
- 2 c dry small shell pasta or small macaroni
- 9 1/2 oz Vibrant Life Nut-Loaf (half a 19 oz can), finely diced
- 2 c green onion, finely chopped
- 2 c celery, finely chopped
- 2 c green chard or fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 c condensed cream of mushroom soup (about 1 1/2 cans)
- 2 Tbsp wheat germ
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter a 6 cup casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, mix the pasta, Nut-Loaf, green onion, celery, chard, basil, salt, and pepper. Add the cream of mushroom soup and blend well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with wheat germ. Bake 30 minutes, or until bubbling around the edges.
- Serve hot with a salad.