Cedar Lake makes some delicious vegetarian dinner steaks (not vegan due to the inclusion of egg whites). They are good as is, but with the addition of mushroom sauce, they are outstanding!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 c fresh parsley, minced
- 1- 13 oz can Cedar Lake Dinner Steaks with gravy
- In a large skillet over a medium flame, heat the oil. Add the mushrooms and saute for about 5 minutes, or until limp and beginning to brown. Add the garlic and saute another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, water, pepper, and parsley. Lay dinner steaks with their gravy on top. Simmer 5-8 minutes, turning steaks carefully, nestling them into the sauce, and blending the gravy into the mushroom sauce.
- Serve hot with mashed potatoes.