If you are trying to cut down on carbohydrates, and get off to a good start in the morning, try these delicious, high protein pancakes. They will not give you the sugar blues, and will taste even better than ordinary white flour pancakes.
Makes 4 pancakes (6 inches in diameter).
- 1 c oats (steel cut or old fashioned rolled oats)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp dry ginger powder
- dash salt
- 3 TbspEggbeaters All Natural Egg Whites (Original)
- 5 drops liquid stevia or 1/8 tsp powdered stevia
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 c nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 c water
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp butter
- Grind oats in coffee grinder or other grinder.
- Place the ground oats in a large bowl and add the baking powder, cinnamon, ginger powder, and salt; mix well.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites with a fork until frothy. Add the stevia, oil, yogurt, water, and honey and blend well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl of dry ingredients, and blend until fairly smooth.
- In a medium skillet over medium low heat, melt one-fourth teaspoon of butter and pour in one-fourth of the batter. When bubbles appear throughout the top, flip and bake the other side until set. Repeat with remaining butter and remaining batter.
- Serve hot with berries or the topping of your choice.