I like to enjoy this porridge without added milk or cream. It is creamy and delicious as is!
- 16 oz strawberries
- 2 Tbsp butter (divided use)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 c boiling water
- 1/2 c dark rye meal
- 4-6 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp chopped cashews
- Saving 2-3 strawberries to slice for garnish, de-stem and roughly chop the strawberries.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, melt one tablespoon of the butter over medium heat. Add chopped strawberries and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add boiling water and dark rye meal. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring several times.
- Add honey and remaining tablespoon butter. Stir and pour into serving bowls.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and chopped cashews. Serve hot.