I made this treat for a Halloween party this year, but it would be great for any party, at any time of the year!
- 8 c plain popped popcorn (unsalted)
- 1 c pecans
- 1/2 c brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Carefully pick out any unpopped kernels from the popcorn. Place the popped popcorn into a large baking pan or roasting pan (one with 2 inch sides or higher is easiest to work with). Add the pecans and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring enough to blend. Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce heat and boil for 4 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the baking soda and vanilla. Immediately drizzle over the popcorn in the pans and distribute as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 1 hour, removing the pan and stirring every 15 minutes.
- Line the counter top with waxed paper. Dump the corn out onto the waxed paper and separate the pieces. Allow to cool completely, then store in airtight containers or resealable bags.