We had a fun Halloween this year with the little neighborhood children scrambling up the steps to get our treats. After Halloween, we pureed the pumpkin and we made crunchy, peppery pumpkin seeds! Click the link for the recipe:
Makes about 2 cups.
- seeds from 1 large pumpkin (about 2 cups)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cracked smoked black pepper
- dash salt, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Rinse the seeds under running water, removing membranes and strands from the pumpkin. Drain well and allow to dry. Place the dry seeds on a large baking sheet.
- Drizzle the oil over the seeds and use your hands to toss the seeds in the oil until all are coated.
- Place seeds in oven and bake one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cracked smoked pepper and salt. Stir well and cool completely before serving.