Rtatouille is traditionally a French stew and you can find my recipe for the stew here. I have posted my soup version of ratatouille below. It is great for a rainy, cold day, and I think you will find it easy and very enjoyable.
- 1 c zucchini, finely diced
- 1 c eggplant, peeled and finely diced
- 1 c red sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 c seitan, finely diced
- 1 c cooked garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 c red onion, chopped 1/3 c parsley, minced
- 1 hot chili pepper, minced (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 c vegetarian chicken-style broth
- 1 c tomato juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp each: ground coriander, ground fennel seed, basil, oregano, thyme
- Place all the ingredients in a 2-quart or larger heavy pot over medium heat.
- Bring to simmer. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Serve hot with bread or crackers.