Miso Black-Eyed Pea SoupSoothing, delicious and loaded with nutrition, this is an easy soup to make. Best of all, it has absolutely no added fat!
- 1 c dry black eyed peas, sorted, rinsed
- 1/2 c whole grain barley
- 8 c water
- 1/2 c chopped celery
- 1/2 c chopped red bell pepper
- 1 c chopped mushrooms
- 4-6 c chopped turnip greens
- 1/4 c minced parsley
- 1/4 c yellow miso (or to taste)
- In large pot, place black eyed peas, barley, and half of the water over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, partially cover, and simmer on low for about 45-60 minutes, or until tender.
- Add remaining water, celery, red bell pepper, mushrooms, turnip greens, and parsley. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in the miso a tablespoon at a time until it is to your taste. Simmer another 10-15 minutes. Serve hot.