Honey Orange Cranberry SauceMany cranberry sauces are overly sweet. This one is sweetened with honey and is just right for a holiday meal.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 c honey
- zest of one medium orange
- juice of one medium orange
- pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp corn starch dissolved in 1 Tbsp water
- 2 drops orange extract (optional)
- Wash and pick over cranberries. Place them in a 2-quart pot.
- Add water, honey and orange juice and turn heat to medium.
- Stir constantly until they begin to pop. Stir in salt and corn starch slurry and keep stirring until simmering. Reduce heat to low and simmer 3 minutes, constantly stirring, until thick and about half of the berries have popped.
- Stir in the orange zest and orange extract. Transfer to a heat proof container and allow to cool. Place in refrigerator and chill at least 2 hours before serving.