These vegetarian cheese balls are perfect for a holiday party. Place decorative toothpicks in them or serve as is, on a platter of other canopies. They hold together nicely and are not messy.
Makes about (30) 1-inch balls.
- 2 Lightlife Backyard Grill’n Burgers, defrosted
- 6 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c baking mix (Bisquick or similar)
- 1 serrano or jalapeno chili pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 c water
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F .
- Chop Lightlife burgers and pulse in food processor (or mash with hands) until ground.
- Add cheese, baking mix, chili pepper, garlic, and salt and process or mash until well ground.
- Add water and vegetable oil and blend or process until a rough dough forms.
- Divide into small bits and roll them in the palms of your hand until round. Place one inch apart on a large un-oiled baking sheet and bake about 20-25 minutes, or until they are lightly browned and spring back when pressed lightly.
- Allow to cool in pan at least 10 minutes before transferring to platter. Serve warm.