Hawaiian Soybean ColeslawThis salad makes a complete protein-rich meal, when served with bread or rolls.
Makes about 5-6 cups of coleslaw.
- 1- 20 oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 c cooked soybeans or edamame, rinsed and drained
- 4 c cabbage, finely shredded
- 1-2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup or honey
- 1 Tbsp white miso
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp cracked smoked or plain black pepper
- 1/4 tsp celery seeds
- dash bacon-flavored soy bits (TVP "Bacos")
- Drain pineapple in a fine sieve over a bowl and squeeze until very dry. (Save delicious pineapple juice for another use.) Place pineapple in a large bowl.
- Add soybeans, cabbage, green onions, and parsley. Toss well.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, agave syrup, miso, mustard, pepper and celery seeds. Stir until smooth.
- Pour dressing on the cabbage mixture and toss well. Sprinkle with bacon-flavored soy bits and serve immediately.