Sweet Potato Apple Bake
If you love sweet potato casserole, but don't want all that cholesterol and sugar, try this easy recipe. It is lighter and leaner, but still has the traditional flavors you will love.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4 small cooking apples
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and oil an 8" x 8" x 2" baking dish or similar in size.
- Peel sweet potatoes; slice them in 1/4 inch thick semi-circles. Place in large bowl.
- Peel apples; cut in 1/2 inch pieces, and add them to the bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and blend well.
- Add the mixture to the prepared baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake, covered, 55 minutes, stirring once midway. (Careful in removing foil. The steam may be hot!)
- Serve hot or warm.