This down home dish is great for lunch or a light dinner. The ready-diced vegetarian chicken made by Worthington, makes this dish easy to put together!
- 1-10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 c water
- 2 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp minced rosemary
- dash pepper
- 1 c milk
- 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1-13 oz can Worthington Diced Chik
- 6-8 medium biscuits (or use buttered toast)
- lemon slices for garnish
- Place spinach in a fine sieve and squeeze liquid out with hands.
- In a large pot, stir together water, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, and pepper. Bring to boil on medium. Stir in spinach.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer spinach 3 minutes.
- In medium bowl, whisk together milk and flour until smooth. Add to pot. Stir over low heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Add Diced Chik with broth. Cook another 2 minutes. Serve hot over biscuits. Garnish with lemon slices.
* I have used Worthington Loma Linda vegetarian products for many years, and I love them. Recently, I received samples of the newest Worthington Loma Linda products from Atlantic Natural Foods, and in the interest of full disclosure, I have used them in this recipe.