- 1 (28 oz) can tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 c kale, chopped
- 1/4 c water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 c ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 c melting cheese, shredded
- 12 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- In a blender, puree the tomatoes (with their juice), oregano, thyme, basil and salt. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium low heat, bring the kale and water to simmering, stir, cover and cook 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a medium skillet on medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add onions; saute 4 minutes. Add garlic; saute another minute. Add this mixture to the kale and stir well.
- In a small bowl, blend together the ricotta, egg and nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spread one-half cup of the tomato sauce over the bottom of a lasagna pan.
- Layer One: Add 3 lasagna noodles. Top with half the kale mixture and sprinkle with one-third of the cheese.
- Layer Two: Add another 3 noodles. Spread with half the ricotta, followed by one-half cup of the sauce.
- Repeat Layer One and Layer Two.
- End with a sprinkling of cheese.
- Cover tightly with tin foil. Bake 40 minutes. Serve hot with the extra sauce heated and poured on top.