Gemelli Pasta and Cheese
Yes, you may substitute macaroni for the gemelli pasta, and it will still be wonderful, but gemelli holds the cheese sauce without affecting the texture of the pasta, and makes this recipe extra good.
- 8 oz Gemelli pasta
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 c sour cream
- 4 oz Field Roast vegan Chao slices (tomato cayenne), chopped
- 2 oz shredded Romano cheese
- 1 tsp Hungarian paprika
- Cook the pasta to the al dente stage, according to package directions; drain.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, Add sour cream and heat a minute or two.
- Whisk in the chopped vegan cheese, the Romano and paprika. Continue to whisk until smooth and hot.
- Stir in the Gemelli and coat well. Bring to heat. Serve hot.