- 7-8 oz dry small elbow macaroni
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (11 oz) pkg soy chorizo
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
- 2 c tomato juice
- 1/4 c chopped cilantro
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add elbow macaroni and cook about 5 minutes, or until “al dente”. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, warm the oil. Add bell pepper and onions; sauté about 3 minutes.
- Squeeze the chorizo from its casing and add it to the skillet. Cook another minute or two, breaking up the chorizo.
- Add drained black beans and tomato juice. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the macaroni to the skillet and blend well. Serve hot with a sprinkling of cilantro on each serving.