This recipe makes enough burgers for a small party. We put ketchup, mustard, and pickles on them.
Makes 8-12 burgers.
- 1 c TVP (textured soy protein) granules
- 1 1/2 c boiling water
- 2 Tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 c parsley, finely chopped
- 4 c eggplant, peeled and finely chopped (1/8 inch dice)
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Stir together the TVP, boiling water, and Worcestershire sauce. Allow to stand 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, blend together the TVP mixture, parsley, eggplant, flour, eggs, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper. Knead for about a minute until the mixture in uniform and adheres together.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet or griddle on medium setting. Coat surface with olive oil.
- Using hands, form mixture into 1″ thick burgers to to fit your burger buns. Place them an inch apart on the hot surface and cook 5 minutes on each side, or until well-browned and cooked through.
- Serve on buns with all the trimmings..