Coconut Cream Pasta
This is my son's vegan creation, and it is rich and creamy. The whole family will love it!
Makes about 4 cups.
- 1 (8.5 oz) box pure coconut milk (or 1 c of your favorite brand)
- 1 c water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 c dry rotini (or any medium cut pasta)
- 1/2 Tbsp corn starch (optional)
- In a medium pot, add coconut milk, water, salt, thyme, paprika and garlic. Stir.
- Bring to boil over medium heat. Add pasta. Stir frequently until tender.
- If the sauce needs thickening, sprinkle corn starch evenly over the mixture and stir until dissolved and the pasta is thickened.
- Serve hot with a sprinkling of paprika on each serving.