Southern Red Cabbage and Limas
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 c onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c vegetable broth
- 4 c red cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1 (12 oz) package frozen baby lima beans
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- In a large skillet with a lid or heavy pot over medium heat, melt the butter in the oil.
- Add onion; saute 2 minutes. Add garlic, marjoram, and red pepper flakes; saute another minute.
- Pour in the broth. Add cabbage and lima beans (still frozen). Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover tightly, and simmer 12 minutes.
- Stir in the brown sugar until dissolved and well-incorporated.
- Serve hot with a vegetarian main course.