Companion Foods has made fine vegetarian seitan products for decades. Here is one way I use their “Mun-Cha”i Ya”, vegan roast duck. It’s delicious!
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 c fresh green beans, cut in 2″ pieces
- 1 c rutabaga, peeled, cut in 1/4″ slices
- 1 (10 oz) can Mun-Cha’i Ya” (vegan duck)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 Tbsp water
- In a large lidded 12″skillet on medium heat, melt butter in olive oil.
- Add veggies; cook, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes.
- Add Mun-Cha’i Ya with liquid (sauce). Stir. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch slurry, lemon juice and mustard, stirring constantly until thick.
- Serve over rice. Sprinkle with minced parsley if desired.