Quick Sourdough Pizza Crust
No yeast is required for this nice thin crust, only some sourdough starter straight from the fridge or your pantry shelf. Very delicious!
Makes 1 (12 inch) or 2 smaller crusts.
- 1 1/2 c sourdough starter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- In a large bowl, mix sourdough starter, olive oil, salt and unbleached flour.
- Add some of the whole wheat flour, until you have a soft dough. (You may not need all of it.)
- Cover the bowl and allow to stand 30 minutes while preparing your sauce and toppings.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Roll 1 large or 2 smaller circular dough shells. Place on greased* baking pan(s). (*To grease, use shortening or olive oil with a sprinkling of semolina.)
- Bake plain crust(s) for 7 minutes. Remove pan from oven and brush top of crust(s) with a small amount of olive oil. Add sauce, cheese (if any). and toppings (in that order).
- Sprinkle with oregano and bake another 7 minutes.
- Cool a few minutes before slicing and serving.