Spinach Feta KugelThis kugel has all the flavor notes of a Greek dish, and the earthy qualities of an Ashkenazi Jewish casserole or pudding. Serve this dish with Homemade Falafels for a special treat.
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dry dill
- 1/2 tsp dry mint
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 16 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 c nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 c minced parsley
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook noodles according to package directions and drain well. Pour into a large bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and oil an 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium low, heat the olive oil and saute the onion for 5 minutes. Add garlic, dill, mint, salt and pepper; saute another 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and stir in the spinach until well combined. Pour this mixture into the bowl of noodles and add the feta cheese, yogurt, parsley and eggs; blend well.
- Pour noodle mixture into the prepared baking pan, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 30 minutes and serve hot.