Zucchini Olive Bake
This easy dish has a souffle-like texture and lovely flavor. This is a small dish. If doubling the recipe, use an 8 x 8 inch baking pan and bake another 5 minutes.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c Mozarella, shredded
- 1/4 c Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 c sliced olives
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and butter a 7 x 5 x 1 inch casserole dish or any 3-cup oven-proof baking vessel.
- Trim the ends of the zucchini, leaving skin on. Grate the zucchini and trimmed onion (or you may cut the veggies roughly and use a food processor or chopper to process until fine).
- In a medium skillet over low heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add zucchini and onion. Cook 10 minutes, stirring often, until nearly dry. Cool 10 minutes off flame.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add Mozarella, Parmesan, olives, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; blend well.
- Stir in the zucchini/onion mixture until evenly distributed. Place mixture in buttered baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes, or until set up. Serve hot or warm.