Kale and Olive BakeHere is a simple way to prepare kale that is easy and loaded with flavor. Serve with a side of rice pilaf.
- 10 oz fresh kale, stemmed and washed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 c green onions and/or brown onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp dry dill
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 c ripe black olives, chopped
- 1/4 c green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan
- 1 c plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp hot Hungarian paprika (or 1/8 tsp plain paprika plus 1/8 tsp cayenne)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter a 9 inch pie or cake dish.
- Blanch kale in salted boiling water for 4 minutes or until just tender. Press in a strainer until quite dry. Chop finely.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large, heavy skillet and add the onions. Saute 3 minutes. Add the garlic and dill; saute another 30 seconds. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Whisk in the Parmesan, yogurt, salt, and hot Hungarian paprika. Fold in the olives.
- Spoon into the prepared dish and bake 30 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve warm or hot.