Thai TerkettesGreen curry paste and coconut milk are good staples to have on hand for a quick stove-top meal. Here we have put them together with Terkettes, but this recipe would work equally well with seitan.
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp ginger powder, divided use
- 4 tsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 10 oz Terkettes, drained or seitan
- 1/4 c onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp green curry paste
- 4 tsp raw sugar
- 1 c frozen peas
- 1-15 oz can cut baby corn, drained
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Toss Terkettes first in sesame seed oil.
- Coat with a mixture of 1/2 tsp of the ginger and the 4 teaspoons of flour.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute Terkettes until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Remove Terkettes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and saute onions and garlic about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in coconut milk, the remaining ginger, soy sauce, curry paste, and sugar; heat until simmering and well blended.
- Add peas and baby corn and simmer until well heated but peas are still bright green.
- Add back the Terkettes and heat briefly.
- Serve with cilantro leaves.