We are back on track with our Terkettes Challenge today. These kabobs would work well on an outdoor or indoor grill or in a Panini pan.
Makes about 8 kabobs.
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 c pineapple vinegar (or other mild vinegar)
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1-20 oz. can Terkettes, drained
- 1 white onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 20 cherry tomatoes (or wedges of a firm tomato)
- In a covered bowl, add the juice of the lemon, the vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Marinate the Terkettes in this mixture for several hours, being sure to cover and refrigerate them.
- Peel the onion and cut it into wedges, leaving the top and bottom of the onion intact. Cut each wedge in half crosswise. Seed and cut the bell pepper into bite sized pieces. Drain the Terkettes, reserving the marinade.
- On long wooden skewers, alternate the Terkettes, onion wedges, bell pepper pieces and cherry tomatoes. Brush the skewered vegetables with the marinade.
- Heat a grill or panini pan on high heat and brush the surface lightly with cooking oil. Lay the kabobs in the pan and cover. Grill them about 4 minutes; turn when charred lightly. Cover and cook on the other side for another 4-6 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through and hot.