Lentil Stew with Terkettes : SeitanThis is a dish that will make you feel well, because it has a rich blend of nutritional factors and absolutely no added fat, butter, or oil. You will want more than one bowl of this!
- 1 c brown lentils, uncooked
- 8 c water
- 1 c onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 c carrot, peeled and cut in 1/3 inch slices
- 3 c potatoes, cut in 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 c Terkettes including broth (or use seitan)
- 1 c green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 c diced canned tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp aniseed (anise seed)
- 1/8 tsp basil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- Put lentils and water in a large pot. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover tightly, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add onions, carrots, potatoes and Terkettes (plus extra water as needed).
- Simmer covered another 25 minutes.
- Add green pepper, tomatoes, garlic, bay leaf, aniseed, basil soy sauce, lemon juice, molasses and cider vinegar.
- Simmer covered an additional 25 minutes. Serve hot.