The new Loma Linda Chik’n Patty makes a wonderful traditional meal when served with vegetables and potatoes.
Serves 4. Prep time: 5 minutes. Cooking time: 12 minutes. Total time: 17 minutes.
- 2 Tbsp vegan or dairy butter
- 2 Tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 (13 oz) can Loma Linda Chik’n Patty
- 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced in circles
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter on low heat. Whisk in the honey, mustard, curry powder, pepper, and the gravy/broth from the Chik’n patties. Remove from burner and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the vegetable oil. Add the onion circles and saute about 5 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- Pour the sauce over the onions and stir until simmering and well-blended. Nestle the patties in the sauce/onions; simmer another few minutes or until heated through. Serve hot with rice or potatoes and salad or vegetables.
* I have used Worthington Loma Linda vegetarian products for many years, and I love them. Recently, I received samples of the newest Worthington Loma Linda products from Atlantic Natural Foods, and in the interest of full disclosure, I have used them in this recipe.