Here is an Asian dipping sauce that is great with our Baked Veggie Egg Rolls. It is easy to put together with simple ingredients.
Makes 1/2 cup.
- 1/3 c agave nectar or corn syrup
- 1/4 c cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce (Tabasco or salsa picante)
- 4 Tbsp water (divided use)
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the agave nectar, vinegar, hot sauce, 3 tablespoons of the water, and the ketchup.
- Heat this mixture on medium setting until it simmers.
- Mix the corn starch and salt in the remaining tablespoon of water and whisk it into the hot mixture. Stir and simmer until thickened or about a minute.
- Remove from burner and cool. Cover and refrigerate until served and use within a week.