Cabbage and Sausage
This vegetarian supper dish is economical and delicious. I used Loma Linda Saucettes in my dish, but any good vegetarian sausage will do nicely.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 6 oz vegetarian sausages, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 c water
- 1/2 medium-sized cabbage, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, diced (1/2 inch)
- 1/2 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a large skillet over low heat, melt the butter. Add sausage pieces and cook 5 minutes, or until browned lightly on all sides. Set aside.
- In a large, heavy pot over medium heat, add the oil and onion. Sauté a minute, or until translucent.
- Add water, cabbage, potatoes, dill, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sausages. Cover and simmer another 5 minutes or until potatoes and cabbage are tender. (Add a bit more water if needed.)
- Sprinkle with sliced green onions or parsley if desired. Serve hot.