- 8 oz firm tofu
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Anaheim pepper, julienned
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 c tomato juice
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Rinse and drain tofu. Pat dry and cut into half inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high.
- Add tofu and cook for three minutes without turning or moving. Turn and brown the other side. Remove to a holding dish.
- Add onion and Anaheim pepper to skillet and saute about 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, tomato juice, brown sugar, molasses, mustard, and vinegar; add to skillet along with tofu.
- Stir and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve hot, over boiled rice.