These cookies are chewy and delicious. They are so easy to make, and your family will love them!
Makes about 2 dozen medium cookies.
- 1/2 c packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1/4 c margarine or butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/3 c whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- With an electric mixer, beat the brown sugar, peanut butter, and margarine together until creamy.
- Add egg and honey and continue beating until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, soda, baking powder and salt, mixing well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamy mixture, using a wooden spoon to combine them.
- Using hands, roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place them on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Use a kitchen fork to form a crisscross pattern on the top of the cookies and to flatten them into discs.
- Bake 7-9 minutes, or until browned on the bottom and set up. Transfer them to a wire rack to cool before serving.