Vegetarian Chik Noodle CasseroleThe nice thing about Worthington Diced Chik (besides its wonderful chicken flavor) is that it is fat free! This diced "chik" casserole, with its creamy sauce, is true comfort food. Best of all, it is super easy to make!
- 8 oz wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 c large frozen peas
- 1-12 oz can Worthington Diced Chik (drained, reserving broth)
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp dry tarragon leaves
- 1 tsp dry onion flakes
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1 c sour cream
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, stir the egg noodles and frozen peas.
- Bring back to a boil and cook 6 minutes, or until the noodles are al dente.
- Drain and place back in the pot with the Diced Chik.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and butter and 9 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Place the broth in a medium bowl and whisk in the corn starch until smooth.
- Whisk in the tarragon, onion, pepper and sour cream until you have a smooth sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the noodle mixture and blend well.
- Pour the whole mixture into the prepared pan and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with a crisp salad.