If you love the licorice taste of anise, you will love this dressing. If there are members of the family that prefer plain poppy seed dressing, divide the dressing in half and add 1/2 teaspoon of aniseed to one portion, leaving the other plain.This dressing goes especially well on cucumber salad.
Makes 1 1/2 cups.
- 1/2 c apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 tsp aniseed
- 3 Tbsp prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp poppy seed
- 1 Tbsp onion flakes
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a pint canning jar or medium bowl.
- Whisk together until well blended.
- Serve on green salad, fruit salad or cucumber salad.