Meatless Select Taco CasseroleMeatless Select Vegetarian Taco Filling makes this recipe easy. If you do not have the Meatless Select brand, you can substitute any vegetarian taco filling including my Soy Taco Filling.
- 2 jalapeno chili peppers
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 1 c refried beans
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c chopped onions
- 1/4 c chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-5 oz can Meatless Select taco filling (2/3 cup)
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced (or dry cilantro leaves)
- Roast the jalapenos over a gas flame or under a hot broiler (for about 10 minutes), turning until charred on all sides. Cool 10 minutes, peel (if desired) and remove membranes and seeds.
- Mince the jalapenos and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly oil an 8 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Place 4 of the tortillas in the bottom of the dish, overlapping as needed.
- Add the refried beans in an even layer, followed by half of the cheese.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the jalapenos, onions, tomatoes, garlic, cilantro, and taco filling. Spread this mixture evenly over the casserole.
- Cover with remaining tortillas. Press down.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over the casserole and sprinkle evenly with the remaining cheddar cheese and sliced green onions.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until the eggs have set up and the top is golden brown. Serve hot with sour cream and salsa.