No need to defrost the kale. Just break it up in a bowl and you’ll be good to go! This is a high protein dish that is great for potluck suppers. The garlicky flavor is really wonderful! Serves 6-8.
- 2 c cooked brown rice
- 1-16 oz bag frozen chopped kale
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-10 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Place the rice in the bottom, forming an even layer.
- In a large bowl mix the kale with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Use hands to break up kale and blend fully. Add the seasoned kale in a layer over the rice.
- Sprinkle the onions on top.
- Spoon the cottage cheese on top, and use back of spoon to spread evenly over all.
- Spoon the undiluted soup mix and spread evenly. Sprinkle remainder of cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Serve hot.