Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
This is an easy and delicious way to get children to eat cauliflower!
- 1 1/2 c elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 4 c cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 8 oz American processed cheese, cubed
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 c Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter an 11 x 7 x 2 inch baking dish.
- In a large pot over high heat, bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add macaroni and cauliflower. Stir well.
- Bring back to boil and stir again. Boil 7 minutes, or until the macaroni is al dente.
- Drain and place in the prepared baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Add evaporated milk, cheese cubes, ketchup, salt and pepper. Stir continually until just melted and blended together.
- Pour this cheese sauce over the macaroni and cauliflower and blend together. Smooth top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet to catch any drips. Bake 30 minutes. Cool 15 minutes before serving with a crisp salad.