- 1 bunch fresh collard greens, well-cleaned
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Remove the thick stems from collards and stack them in 2-3 piles.
- Slice the collards into thin strips. Set aside.
- In a 12-inch large skillet or large heavy pot, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute 3 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add jalapenos and garlic. Saute another minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes. Add collards and blend well. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook 5 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in the salt. Serve as a side dish, or ladle the collards over steamed rice for a light main dish.