Mango Coconut BreadThis is a low fat version of a favorite quick bread. The yogurt gives it a moist texture and the hint of mace gives it an interesting flavor profile. Not too sweet, this bread makes a great breakfast, or teatime snack.
Makes 8-10 slices.
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c dried unsweetened coconut, finely ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp mace
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 c dried cranberries
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 c plain yogurt
- 1 c mango, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 inch loaf pan. In a large bowl, combine the flour, coconut, cinnamon, mace, baking soda, salt and brown sugar until well incorporated. Stir in the dried cranberries.
- In a small bowl, blend the egg with the yogurt.
- Blend in the mangoes and add this wet mixture to the flour mixture, stirring only until there are no more dry ingredients showing.
- Spoon the thick batter into the prepared pan, making the edges slightly higher than the middle of the loaf.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.