Spicy Jicama ChipsThese chips may not be as crisp as potato chips, but they will be just as tasty, and will have the texture of fried potatoes with fewer calories.
- 1 medium jicama
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel jicama and slice thinly (no more than 1/8 inch thick). If the slices are too big, cut them in half.
- Place the jicama on a large baking sheet and sprinkle with the oil. Using hands, toss them until all sides are coated.
- In a small bowl, blend the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over the jicama and rub into each slice on both sides. Lay jicama slices in a single layer and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn slices over. Bake another 10-20 minutes, or until crisp but not too dark on edges. Remove and serve warm.