I used Meatless Select Chik’n Sliders in this recipe, and they stand up well to the sauce and taste wonderful. This is a quick and easy dinner.
- 2-(5 oz) cans Meatless Select Chik’n Sliders
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 c chopped celery
- 1/3 c chopped onion
- 1/3 c chopped bell peppers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Creole seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig thyme (or 1/4 tsp dry thyme)
- 1 sprig oregano (or 1/4 tsp dry oregano)
- sea salt to taste
- Drain the chik’n sliders, but reserve the packing broth. Set aside.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium, heat the oil. Add celery, onion, and bell peppers. Saute 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute another minute.
- Pour in the tomatoes with their juice, and add the Creole seasoning, bay leaf, thyme and oregano. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, adding some of the reserved vegetarian chicken broth if needed.
- Add Meatless Select Chik’n Sliders and salt to taste. Bring to a simmer; cook on low another 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve over steamed rice.