When persimmons are in season here is Southern California, venders sell them along the roads, and they are perfectly delicious! Try them in these tostadas, or make my Persimmon Salad.
Makes 4 tostadas.
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium persimmons, peeled and sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, minced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 c red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 c cilantro leaves
- Preheat the broiler to medium.
- Place tortillas on a broiler pan and sprinkle with cheese.
- Add slices of persimmon and minced jalapeño. Broil 6 inches below flame for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from broiler and add avocado, red bell pepper, cilantro leaves and a dash of lime juice.
- Serve hot with Sriracha sauce, salsa or sour cream if desired.