- This is an easy stew to make from staples on a cold day. Full of protein, all that is needed is a good bread to go with it.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 c Beyond Beef Beefy Crumbles (or similar)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 c water
- 2 medium red potatoes, diced (1/3″)
- 1 c cooked chickpeas, drained
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp dry parsley flakes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a 3-quart or larger pot, warm oil over medium heat. Add beefy crumbles (frozen), onion, carrot, and celery; saute 5 minutes.
- Add garlic; saute another 30 seconds.
- Stir in water, potatoes, chickpeas, tomato paste, parsley, paprika, salt, and pepper. Bring to simmer. Reduce heat and partially cover; simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Serve hot with a good crusty bread.