- This comforting soup is so easy to make, and it’s full of delicious flavor. If you do not have Cajun seasoning on hand, make this homemade blend!
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium poblano pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 6 oz bottled roasted red peppers, drained, chopped
- 2 c water
- 1 (15 oz) can chili beans with liquid
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- dash salt (if needed)
- In a 3-quart or larger pot, warm oil over medium heat. Add onion, poblano, and celery; saute 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, and roasted red peppers; saute another 4 minutes.
- Stir in water, chili beans, Cajon seasoning and salt. Bring to simmer. Reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of minced cilantro if desired.