If you do not have cornbread mix on hand, a substitute is noted after the recipe.
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, minced (or 1 tsp dry basil)
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pressed
- 2 Tbsp grated onion
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c dry corn bread mix***
- 1 1/2 c zucchini, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter an 8 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a wire whisk. Add the oil, cheese, basil, garlic, onion and salt. Beat with whisk.
- Add cornbread mix and blend well.
- Fold in the zucchini. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before cutting in squares and serving.
***If you do not have cornbread mix, substitute the following: 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 c cornmeal, 1 tsp sugar, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp salt.