This tofu “meatloaf” holds together nicely. If you do not have a food processor, chop the vegetables finely and blend well for best results. Makes great sandwiches the next day!
- 15-16 oz extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 7 oz day-old bread, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chili, seeded, minced
- 1/2 c ketchup (divided use)
- 1 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 c quick oats, uncooked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and generously butter an 8 or 9 inch loaf pan.
- Place tofu, bread, eggs, carrots, onion, jalapeno, 1/2 cup of the ketchup, mustard, molasses, peanut butter, flour, salt and pepper in large food processor and pulse until well blended and no large chunks are left.
- Spoon mixture into a large bowl and fold in the oats. Mix well.
- Transfer mixture to prepared loaf pan and press down. Bake 30 minutes. Mix remaining quarter-cup of ketchup with an equal amount of water and pour evenly over the top. Return to oven for another 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes, before slicing and serving with extra ketchup or barbecue sauce.