This is a bittersweet chocolate candy that is full of nuts and goes great with a cup of hot coffee. Break it up and serve it at your next party. It is oh, so easy to make!
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 1/2 c chopped roasted unsalted almonds
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the maple syrup and cocoa powder and heat well, stirring until the cocoa is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in half of the almonds.
- Line an 8-inch loaf pan with wax paper and pour the chocolate in an even layer. Sprinkle the remaining almonds on top.
- Place loaf pan in freezer for at least 15-30 minutes, or until firm. Remove bark candy and break into small pieces. Serve immediately, as this candy will melt if left out too long. Store unused candy in freezer in a tightly sealed container.