- 3 Tbsp olive oil, divided use
- 2 c eggplant, coarsely chopped
- 6 oz extra firm tofu, finely diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced on diagonal
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 c canned lite coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp white miso paste
- 1/2 c pineapple juice
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In large skillet on medium setting, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil until shimmering. Add eggplant and saute 5 minutes.
- Push eggplant to one side of skillet. Add another tablespoon of oil to the other side of the skillet. Place tofu in the hot oil. Do not disturb for a minute or two, then saute another 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn eggplant once or twice during this process.
- Remove eggplant and tofu to holding plate. Add last tablespoon oil to skillet and saute onion, celery, and red bell pepper for 3-4 minutes.
- Add back eggplant and tofu. Stir well.
- Whisk together coconut milk, miso, pineapple juice and red pepper flakes. Add to skillet, and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer 8-10 minutes, or until sauce has reduced and darkened.
- Stir in pineapple tidbits; serve over rice garnished with green onions.