Bottled sweet roasted peppers are handy, but the taste and quality varies greatly. We recommend Guiliano brand (water packed) sweet red peppers for this Hungarian style soup.
- 2 frozen Boca Burgers (Original Vegan)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil (divided use)
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 large bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/8 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 c bottled sweet roasted peppers, chopped
- 4 c salt-free vegetable broth
- 1 small carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small potato, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (or plain paprika)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 c dry wide noodles
- In large skillet on a medium setting, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cook Boca burgers in the oil a few minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove to holding plate and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In same large skillet, add remaining tablespoon of oil. Saute onions, bell pepper, and celery over medium heat about 3 minutes. Add garlic and caraway seed and saute another half-minute. Transfer to a 2-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Add roasted peppers, broth, carrots, potatoes, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix together. Cook on high setting for 2 hours.
- Add noodles and submerge them. Continue cooking on high 1 hour more. Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream if desired.