- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/3 c water
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 c sliced celery
- 2 c thinly sliced yellow squash (1/4 inch, quartered or halved if squash is large)
- 1 small fresh tomato, cut in 6 wedges
- In a small, heavy saucepan, mix together the oil, water, vinegar, mustard, onion powder, corn starch, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Cook on low heat, stirring constantly until thickened and beginning to bubble.
- Add celery and squash. Stir well. Cover and simmer until crisp-tender or about 5-8 minutes.
- Add tomato wedges and cover. Simmer another few minutes, or until the tomatoes are heated through.
- Serve as a side dish with any vegetarian entree.